Saturday, March 19, 2011

Enjoying the Small Things: Patty whack.

Enjoying the Small Things: Patty whack.

There are two essentials to a excellent morning–coffee and kids at my feet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday, I woke up not feeling it. It, as in anything. Nella’s battling molars along with her normal Baby Jedi vs. Sleep routine, and I had a trillion things to do but felt exhausted…which led to the escalation of small frustrations such as, say, possibly I lost my mind when I couldn’t find a pen. But, that’s when rising to the occasion means the most…when you don’t feel it. Like getting out of bed when it’s still dark to go for a run when you swear you just can’t. That’s when the run feels the best and when the satisfaction of overcoming “I don’t wanna” is most rewarding. There’s a badass within us all, and finding her when she’s lost is like raising your fists and thrusting your sweaty body through the end line tape after a long, exhausting race. I found her again. I found my badass ultra ego, and you know what? I named her Betty.

Photobucket
Well, hello there small end line.

Some days I’ll settle for not getting out, for charitable in to “I don’t wanna,” but I couldn’t let St. Patty down.

Photobucket

I packed up the girls and headed to Rock the Dock which is basically an Irish event of loud bands and corned beef baskets down at Tin City, a quaint touristy strip of shell shops, beer shacks, and boardwalk in south Naples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did that whole nothing-but-so-very-something routine of walking and talking and stopping to let curious small minds explore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I was pleased we were out, jammin’ to Irish jigs, browsing soap shops, hittin’ up the general store for cold sherbet push-ups when everything inside me earlier told me it wasn’t gonna happen. Go Betty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So there. That’s all I got this Friday. That and my made-up Irish blessing that goes something like (read it in an Irish accent)…May the blessed badass that dwells within you deliver when you need her most. Amen.

Photobucket

That and another oh.

Photobucket

And, I might call her Betty, but any mama knows…the most powerful pouring force that pulls out the best of us and electrifies our energy is really renowned by another name…or two.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We’re just chillin’ this weekend. And my girl is very involved in helping plot her birthday party this year which will be here before we know it. So, we’ve begun the fun. Giddy up.

Photobucket
(and a friend photo from earlier this week I can’t leave out…really like this shot that captures both of them just as they are) …
Photobucket

Spring is still blooming, and I fell in like with all the flowery, spring goods in the super-stocked shop of our new sponsor, Linkel Designs (a stay-at-home Michigan mama).

Loving my new vintage bike necklace!

Photobucket

Some of my spring favorites from Linkel that had me drooling (but all incredibly affordable! Would make fantastic Easter basket or Mother’s Day treats. Check it out!):

Photobucket

Use Code ENJOY10 for 10% off your order, and a lucky commenter will be at random selected from this post to win a $30 gift certificate, provided by Linkel Designs. Keeping it fascinating. Tell me 5 things you’re tired of and 5 things you’re not.

I’ll start.

Tired of…Finding moldy coffee cups, malls, minivan doors that keep closing even when you’re in the way, Real Housewives, beige walls.
Not Tired of…Small Bear, Dunkin Donuts coffee, Nella’s side-swept barrette, Lainey’s bent smirk, taking pictures.

Pleased Weekend! If you get a chance…name your inner badass.

Photobucket

Forgot to mention…we’re thrilled to have Babycenter.com sharing the birth tale, Embracing Nella, this week.

See the original post:
dental implants in

No comments:

Post a Comment