Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Boston Baby Mama: This is a bookstore, not a library!

Boston Baby Mama: This is a bookstore, not a library!

Days gone by I ventured into the Barnes & Nobles at the Prudential Center before our class at Isis. For those of you that aren’t from Boston, the Prudential Center is the first performance indoor shopping area in downtown Boston. And the B&N is one of only 2 in the entire downtown area, so needless to say it is a busy pile.
We went directly back to the family’s section of the pile to look for some new books to read at bedtime. Modest did I know I was in for a shock…

The first book I picked up was in this area learning your insignia. I kneel down next to the baby carriage and show M the book, and on the first page there is a stain. Not sure what it was, but there was something sticky on it, so I at once place it back. I pick up a book in this area learning to count…the first page is torn. I reckon to for myself, what the hell is going on here?

I look to my aptly and see this modest stage area, and on the stage are 4-5 moms with their modest rugrats next to them. Each of the moms are reading books from the shelves to their kids as if it was a pile! The kids are slap the books, knocking them out of their moms hands, and throwing them all nearly. Is this kosher? What the hell is experience here?

I then go closer to the stage area and see a pile of broken down, beat up books that kids are kicking nearly. I hear a mother say to her 2 year ancient son “go over there and pick out another one to read on the shelf.” WHAT? I got so mad that I very nearly said, “where do you reckon you are lady? This is not the BPL!”

There were strollers parked all by the side of where the enter books were, so I questioned out loud if I may maybe go one to really SEE the books that were for SALE in the BOOKSTORE. Modest did I know that the baby carriage I was pushing controlled a teeny tiny baby that was not being paid concentration to in the smallest amount. But I go off on a tangent…

Every single book we picked up was bent, busted, torn, stained, sticky, spoiled or even wet – that is aptly, one was wet. I was horrified. I was going to say something to a name working there, but i couldn’t even find a staff member. I am assuming they are just rotary a blind eye to this chaos.

Why do these moms/nannies/kids have to ruin this experience for every other mom/nanny/kid? M & I like to go to the bookstore and buy books, but I will never go back to the B&N at the Pru again to buy kids books. I know it has been cold and miserable in Boston, but come on ladies, be a modest more creative than going to the bookstore and wreaking havoc.

I have said all I have to say.

Go here to see the first:
dental establish procedure

No comments:

Post a Comment