Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gassy constipated teething baby June 2011 Birth Club BabyCenter

Gassy constipated teething baby June 2011 Birth Club BabyCenter

Today was ROUGH, and it looks like the rest of the night will be as well. My son is EBF and he has not done in since last Thursday. He is also very gassy right now. His first tooth is also just breaking through his gums.

The poor small guy spent the whole day whimpering as he bore down trying to poop and pass gas. When he wasn’t whimpering he was screaming as he crammed his hands in his mouth to bite his fingers.

I know it is common for BF babies to have infrequent bowel movements, but as of now this is the longest he has ever gone without a poo (maybe because of the solids he started this past week?). I have tried to help him with his gas by giving him infant gas drops, massaging his tummy, giving him a warm bath, doing bicycle legs, and gently pushing his legs back to try to get the gas out. A dose of tylenol has helped a small bit with his teething pain.

He barely napped at all today- he would fall asleep and then wake up suddenly, probably from not feeling well. He went to bed at 9 pm and woke up at 1 am (45 min ago) whimpering. I nursed him but then he started screaming. Finally got him to fall back asleep. I have a feeling he is going to wake up several more times before 7 am.

Baby is miserable, so Mommy is miserable. My DH is picking up some teething tablets in the morning (my SIL had given us a couple to try out, but of course we ran out when LO really needed them!) and I may try some home remedies for constipation tomorrow if things don’t improve.

This part of being a Mom is NOT fun- I despise seeing my small man in pain and I wish I could fix it!!

 

Go here to read the rest:
cheap dental implants

No comments:

Post a Comment