Friday, February 25, 2011

Breast Milk Ice Cream Beats Cow's Milk Any Day

Breast Milk Ice Cream Beats Cow's Milk Any Day

You scream, I scream, we all scream for breast milk ice cream! Well, at smallest amount I do. Baby Gaga is the name of a new sort of treat served in the UK at a restaurant in Covent Garden that contains breast milk instead of the predictable cow’s milk.

Matt O'Connor runs Icecreamists, the shop ration the startling concoction. He blends the breast milk with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, which is then freshly churned. The treat is served by a waitress generous a Lady Gaga costume in a martini glass to the top with the breast milk ice cream mix. Liquid nitrogen is poured into the glass through a squirt and it’s served with a teething biscuit.

It’s a modest extraordinary, but how is it any weirder than the fact that we drink cow’s milk on a regular basis? Is that as normal or healthy as the milk our mothers made for us?

Women are paid $24 for 10 ounces of milk, which was a morning pumping conference for me. I would have gladly donated to the cause since yum, yum!

I reckon the world is divided into those of us who want to try it all and those of us who are grossed out. I didn’t like the taste of my breast milk, but I tried it. So did my husband. He liked it a lot, really.

This isn’t that insane a plotting. In the US, we have restaurants that supply breast milk cheese and breast milk ice cream, both of which can be prearranged through Mother’s Milk Ice Cream Companionship.

I get that it’s different, but why is it any grosser than in effect sucking on a cow’s nipple? Isn’t creature breast milk better formulated for our specific needs? The dish, which costs nearly $22 for a bowl, probably tastes pretty similar to the ice cream I made last night for me and my family, which included whole cow’s milk, thumping cream (also from a cow), and honey. The only reason I don’t want to gag just thought in this area it is that it’s “normal” in our polish to drink the milk of cows and goats and sheep.

Drinking breast milk isn’t cannibalism or no matter what business like it. It isn’t like drinking pee or poo or blood. It’s a lot more “natural” to me than chicken embryos or pig’s intestines or any other dairy or meat product on the market now. For nearly four being, I lactated and fed my babies from my breast. It was the cleanest, best way for me to feed them and I loved being able to do it. I would gladly partake in Baby Gaga and hope that this trend spreads.

For those who don’t like it, here’s an thought: Don’t eat it. Novel concept, no?

Would you eat this?

 

Image via tsakshaug/Flickr

Excerpt from:
dental implants procedure

No comments:

Post a Comment