Sunday, August 21, 2011

Momma T and Baby E: My Favorite Teething Remedies

Momma T and Baby E: My Favorite Teething Remedies

When I worked as a Infant caregiver at a nursery school, I dealt with a lot babies who were cutting teeth and became aware of the cryptogram and symptoms of teething. On top of being extra fussy, E started drooling excessively and gnawing at (or “gumming” as I call it) her hands and toys. I quickly figured out what was vacant on.

I had a hard time tiresome to find more natural ways to soothe E. Most teething toys were a small too hard on her gums and the same goes for the frozen teethers.

After testing out different remedies, I’ve compiled a small list of what has been working for us.



Frozen pacifier
I remembered when I worked at the nursery, we would freeze the pacifiers of teething babies. You can either wet then freeze it or pop in the freezer without wetting. I like this method because a frozen pacifier is softer then regular frozen teething rings.


Soft toys
E has a few soft teething toys that she likes to use! Her favorite is a dog teether made by Bright Starts. The dog has teethable feet and a plush body that crinkles! It’s also a rattle! E loved it so much we finished up getting a following one for back up.

We also have a organic cotton Ring bear made by Under the Nile that E uses. Under the Nile carries an assortment of teething toys that can be found here.



Frozen or cold wash cloth
A frozen wash cloth can be fantastic for sore gums. Just wet the cloth in cold water, press out, and place in the freezer. My small one doesn’t like her wash cloth frozen so I place it in the freezer for just a few minutes. I suggest experimenting with frozen and not-so-frozen to see what your baby likes best!
Hyland’s Teething Gel
I heard incredible things in this area Hyland’s Teething Tablets but had such a hard time result them in stores. Hyland voluntarily took them off the market a few months ago but just re-released them. While searching for Teething Tablets, I came across Hyland’s Teething Gel. I figured since I couldn’t find the tablets I’d try the gel. I have to say it worked fantastic in calming E’s swollen gums! Combined with a frozen pacifier, E was calmed (and stay calmed) in minutes! I was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of the gel!

Now that I’ve shared what teething remedies work best for E, What works (or worked) best for your baby?

Here is the original post:
dental implants problems

No comments:

Post a Comment