Saturday, June 11, 2011

Parents with Infants: help, teething baby won't sleep

Parents with Infants: help, teething baby won't sleep

If tonight is like last night, I don’t know if I can handle it.

Last night, down after the bath/massage/bottle routine at 7:30, awake at 8, patted back to sleep by me, awake again at 8:30. Wonderful husband walks him back to sleep and succeeds around 9:30/10 PM. Awake again at 12:20, I take the first hour, husband takes the second hour where he cries himself to sleep in dad’s arms around 2:30 AM. Awake again at 5:30 AM. Just stays up until he and hubby place for work/daycare at 6:45.

He’s 8 months ancient. A month ago he was sleeping 6-8 hr chunks at night. But he’s teething now. What do I do, give him Motrin before the bath to drug him to sleep? Let him squirm and weep in his bed, since he’s not falling asleep while we’re walking him anyway, and crying whether we’re holding him or not.
He’s getting way too heavy to keep walking him for me anyway.

I’m just exhausted, and I didn’t even do the lion’s share of the work, that was hubby. I just lay in bed awake hearing my son weep. Feeling like a terrible mother.

Continue reading here:
dental implants problems

No comments:

Post a Comment