Monday, June 20, 2011

Healthy Meals and food for Healthy Kids » Banana Cookies For Baby

Healthy Meals and food for Healthy Kids » Banana Cookies For Baby

banana cookies for babyWhen browsing the baby food aisle, I notice most of the first baby foods with one ingredient are pretty healthy.  Most only have a fruit or vegetable with a small water.  But, when you go up into the toddler food and snack food, that is when the ingredient lists get long, and scary. 

So, for my first post, I have a soft banana cookie snack for babies or toddlers.  Tomorrow I'll have some crunchy teething biscuits.

BABY BANANA COOKIE RECIPE

  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter (or butter if your child is sensitive to peanuts)
  • 1/3 cup apple juice
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 TBL. brown sugar

Mix all ingredients very well. Then add:

  • 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/3 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. baking soda

Blend all ingredients into the dry.  Drop by teaspoon full onto cookie page. Flatten and shape with the back of a spoon.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Now I just need some babies to feed!  (My kids liked them. For older kids, don't call them cookies. They aren't as sweet as cookies, so they might be disappointed.)

baby food banana cookies

(I only got two pictures, and then my camera died. boooo, sorry!)

*Also check out our baby meal plot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Posted: June 20th, 2011 under Dessert, Fruits and Vegetables, Snacks, Whole Grains.

Read the first:
cheap dental implants

No comments:

Post a Comment